ALL IN Community Update – June 2023
On Thursday, June 22, ALL IN hosted a virtual Community Update Meeting to share progress on efforts to increase adult literacy access and attainment nationwide. The full recording of the session may be found here. See below for highlights and resources from the meeting.
• Highlighted the history of the National Action Plan for Adult Literacy and creation of the Adult Literacy and Learning Impact Network (ALL IN), conceived and convened by the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy.
• Shared our newly released white paper, Investing in Multiple Literacies for Individual and Collective Empowerment, which explores how multiple literacies interconnect and enable social and economic mobility. This includes civic, digital, financial, health, information, and oral literacy, among others, all of which correlate to strong foundational literacy skills.
• Learned about ALL IN affiliate organization efforts to advance digital equity, including the Coalition on Adult Basic Education, the Houston Mayor’s Office for Adult Literacy, the National Association for State Directors of Adult Education, and World Education. See below for relevant links.
• Launched the ALL IN Small Research Grants Initiative which will invest in critical field research to inform all of our work. Grant proposals are due September 13, 2023. Get access to the full RFP here.
• Highlighted our work to expand access to adult literacy access and attainment, beginning in the Charleston Lowcountry region of South Carolina.
A special thank you to British Robinson, President and CEO of the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy, who will end her tenure on June 30, 2023, for her vision in conceiving and convening the National Action Plan of Adult Literacy and for challenging educators, researchers, advocates, philanthropists, and corporate partners to collectively address low literacy rates in our country! As British says, adult literacy is everyone’s issue.
For more information, please email email@example.com and sign up for updates by entering your information at the bottom of this webpage.
Additional Links and Resources: